Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing #23: Reflection


I feel like Timothy Leary, this has been a definitely mind-altering experience. My most favorite Thing of the NT23 is the Google Reader. It has made my life so much easier. I was frantically trying to keep up with professional reading from so many different resources and the Reader just pulls it all into the same window. My second most favorite Thing is delicious; it frees me from my local browser and let's me still have the benefits of storing favorite bookmarks.

The most challenging for me was getting over my hesitation and actually trying out all of these "new fangled" sites. I'm not a trendy person, but extremely practical, so I need to see how something will make my life easier or my work more efficient before I'm willing to expend the time to investigate. NT23 gave me a legitimate reason to play with social networking 2.0 tools and discover some real gems.

As far as new technologies that we will use in my library, since I work at a university, we already use most (if not all) of these tools in some capacity or other. Mainly because of my job being in tech services, I haven't had reason to explore these Things. I'm just about to embark on a volunteer effort that will make all of what I've learned very relevant, since the site is to be very edgy and trendy in order to draw in college-age students.

Thanks so much NT23 team, you've been most helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment