Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thing #3: Flickr

It sure feels redundant opening yet another e-mail account, this time on Yahoo! Did it anyway, and opened the Flickr account as well, but I don't have a camera here at work, so I've uploaded the image of an open book. This is ironic, since I'm being extremely private about this whole North Texas 23 things effort and am specifically not posting any information that is indicative of my job, life, and particulars, beyond commonalities.

Obviously, I don't get the whole social networking thing. I'm just a troglodyte.

Hey, has anyone tried the new search from MSN, called Bing? There's a gorgeous photo of a desert with colorful hot-air balloons on the homepage and you can roll your mouse over the landscape to get little pop-up windows with interesting trivia, here and there all around. I particularly like the image search. Try "librarian" and you get some primo quality images, plus as you scroll down the page you get more-&-more hits, rather than having to keep hitting "page forward". Lots of nice, thoughtful features. Pretty cool.

I know thing #3 is about Flickr, but I figure blogging is a great way to share new stuff and this is an image source!

No comments:

Post a Comment